- Getting Through It: Refugee claimants Only – every Wednesday 10-12
- Now What?: for GARs/PSR/BVORP/H&C/PRRA – every Monday 12-1:30
- Move & Relax: for Everyone – Daily, 4:30-5:15pm
- Familias Latinas: Spanish speaking Parents & Children, Thursdays 10-12, monthly
- Healing through the Arts in Community: for Everyone – time TBC
- Survivor Advocates: for aspiring civic leaders – every Monday 6:30-8:30
- VAST Outdoors: using the healing power of nature – TBC starting April 15th
- Psychosocial Support for Arabic Speakers: Thursdays 12:30-1:30
- Beyond Borders & Binaries: for trans-identified newcomers – Wednesdays 6:30-8:30 monthly
- VAST Youth Healing: for ages 14-25 – time TBC
Our services are aligned with four categories
We support refugee mental health through counselling, documentation, education, and referrals.
We provide documentation of evidence of psychological trauma for the refugee claim process. We work with our clients (and their lawyers) to document symptoms of psychological trauma to support their refugee claim.
We provide trauma-focused psychological counseling for refugees in one-on-one and group settings. We use psycho-education, emotion self-regulation, and information sharing to prepare our clients for the short-term refugee claim and long-term settlement processes.
We provide referrals to health, housing, and settlement services. We work with our community partners in the health and social services sectors to create a network to support our clients’ basic needs.
We provide training and professional development workshops on refugee mental health for health and social service providers, and students of allied health programs. We work on local and national committees to advance the rights of refugees and access to mental health services.